Top Couponing Tips: Get the Best Deals for Less This Summer
We’re all about savings at The Vogue City, and with sites like LivingSocial and Groupon skyrocketing in popularity, coupons are enjoying a massive resurgence of late. Today we’re bringing you some top couponing tips to help you make maximum savings this summer. Thanks to Chrissy Volk of Adahlia Volk for sharing these top tips. With Chrissy’s help, you can now enjoy your favorite pieces, before they’re out of season!
Take advantage of online coupons
- Smart phone apps: The CouponClipper app directs you towards coupons and deals based on your location. Download this app before your next shopping trip to get the best deals in your area.
- Hassle-free coupon shopping: Thanks to the wonders of modern technology there’s no need to print out hard copies of your coupons any more. Just show your smart phone to the cashier who will then scan the special barcode right from your mobile device. There are a number of ways to do this. Try the Coupon Sherpa app which lists over 120 retailers. It’s also a good ideato download your favorite store’s app as well – many times they offer scanable coupons direct from their website!
- Click and compare: Price comparison apps are a great help when you need to find out who’s offering the best deal on your favorite brand. Chrissy recommends the Shop Savvy Barcode Scanner and The Find app, which scans the item’s SKU number and compares prices with other retailers so you can find the best deal every time.
- Get social: “Like” your favorite stores on Facebook and follow them on Twitter too. This is the best way to keep up with the latest deals and special offers on the stuff you love. GAP and Macy’s are two stores that have been known to offer special sales for their most loyal followers!
- Print and go: Like the feel of a 30% off coupon in your hands? There are websites that work directly with big-name merchant partners to create exclusive online coupon codes. For example, CouponCabin.com features exclusive current coupons for Target, Payless, the Limited, etc in both digital and print formats. FlamingoWorld.com is similar and features relevant coupons that are being offered at specific retailers.
Don’t dismiss the value of good old paper coupons either. Have your scissors at the ready!
- Don’t say no to offering your home address when you shop at your favorite stores: Next time you’re in the store – don’t say no to offering your email and home address. Many retailers still send out coupons in the mail. Some stores even send out 20% off coupons on a weekly basis, such as Lord and Taylor for example.
- Getting a coupon today? Try scheduling another purchase for next week: A common practice for retailers is to hand out coupons that become valid at a future date. These are great to keep handy if you plan on shopping at the same store in the near future, as the discounts are normally pretty significant. Why not ask if they are offering a coupon with a certain purchase price – might make sense to make a smaller purchase today and return to buy that dress or suit a week from now!
Chrissy recommends keeping your coupons organized with a fun pouch, a decorative envelope or a printed mesh/organza bag (always fashionable!) that are often offered free by many retailers after a gift card or jewelry purchase. Or you can stay tech savvy and try the MyCoupons app for a free and easy way to organize your deals. It also alerts you when a coupon’s expiration date is nearing. Amazing!
About Chrissy Volk: Chrissy brings years of fashion knowledge and a love of making people feel good to Adahlia Volk, the Style and Image Consultancy. Chrissy is a highly-regarded consultant with years of experience within the fashion industry.
Know something we don't? Email us
at [email protected]