Carrie Bradshaw has Neither a Devil or Angel on her Shoulder
Fact: Flowers are always in vogue.
Myth: You can get away with cheapo imitation flower accessories and they’ll last and look as good.
Sorry gals, but a Weitzman by any other name is a knock-off. Prada is not Prado! Invest in good floral accessories as staples for any wardrobe occasion. You can rock a tiny pair of floral earrings to a book club meeting just as easily as you can wear a pair of sandals with silk flowers to a wedding. They can get you anywhere. Maybe even past the velvet ropes.
No doubt you’ve seen the picture of Carrie Bradshaw (SJP) wearing a white dress with a giant white flower blooming on her shoulder. We love Carrie, we love Sarah Jessica Parker, but we don’t love something perched on our shoulder that is bigger than our face. (Unless you’re trying to distract people from your face because you’ve had a bad chemical peel or something.) So, with flowers in mind, I went on search of accessories that would leave the right impression.
1. New! Betsey Johnson Women’s Pink Resin-Flower Bracelet Watch at Macy’s
($150.00). Fun and fantastic. Just the right pop of color for any weekend outfit.
2. Sterling Silver Diamond Flower Drop Earrings at Macy’s ($450.00). Oh, la la. Time to sweep your hair into a stunning updo.
3. Stuart Weitzman Dalia Flower Hobo at bloomingdale’s ($578.00). Oh, such prettiness.
4. French Sole Serenity Flower Sandal at bloomingdale’s ($198.00). Hint: This is what women over 40 want, it’s elegant and sexy at the same time, no heel required!
5. Juicy Couture Viola Flower Stud Earrings at Neiman Marcus ($48.00). I want these in both colors. Am I selfish? Tell me I’m not! Don’t punish good taste.
Know something we don't? Email us
at [email protected]