10 Things to Know About the H&M / Maison Martin Margiela Collaboration
Fashionistas can finally rest easy (and prepare to shop hard). Why? Because the highly anticipated Maison Martin Margiela and H&M collaboration collection will hit stores on November 15. The brand — adored for its truly art-over-function, avante garde aesthetic — has remained true to its nature for this collection.
All the pieces are wearable, but shoppers will find that most of MMM’s pieces are stop-her-on-the-street-and-take-her-picture worthy.
10 Things You Should Know About the Collaboration
- With over 100 pieces, the collection is impressively comprehensive. It includes outerwear, shoes, accessories, bags, formal wear and everything in between.
- Prices range from between $13 to $399.
- The entire collection consists of re-issued, iconic pieces from previous Maison Martin Margiela collections.
- You’ll notice many of the pieces have a slightly retro flare to them while others look quite modern. That’s because the collection covers more than two decades of fashion.
- There are a number of “fusion” pieces in the collection. For example, a mens blazer that combines two different colors/silhouettes and a woman’s dress that’s one part knee length with shoulder and one part floor length with halter.
- The collection features a wide range of shoes. They include a Plexi wedge pump in various colors, knee-high, heel-less leather boot, hand painted loafer and high top sneaker.
- MMM’s collection includes clothing, accessories and shoes for both men and women. No sex-based exclusions in this collaboration!
- Some of the more shocking pieces include a blanket coat, a nude bodysuit with printed black bra, a brown/black leather belt jacket and an over sized fanny pack that’s worn across the body.
- The collection has caught the eye of even celebrities, including Selma Blair, Sarah Jessica Parker, Kanye West and Julienne Moore.
- Each piece will include a unique tag that indicates which season the MMM piece is from.
There’s no denying it — this collection is downright cool. Even those who couldn’t care less about what’s happening in the fashion world have to be impressed and intrigued by what’s included in the collaboration.
What do you think about the H&M/MMM collaboration? Are you eyeing any pieces in particular? Let us know in the comment section below.
By Wendy Rose Gould
Know something we don't? Email us
at [email protected]